9.02.2009

AJ's First Day

The window was still dark when I heard him fastening the velcro on his sneakers. Moments later he stood next to my bed in his brand new Wall-e shirt and bright orange shorts that I could see even though the sun yet to rise, asking when it would be time to leave for the day. He was completely ready to go before I had even gotten up. Yesterday was AJ's first day of Kindergarten. We dropped Maya off at day care and headed to Letort Elementry School to meet Miss. McCauley for the first time. They do a staggered start, so his first full day will be Thursday. That is when he'll be ridding the bus for the first time.
He started out as Mr. Grumpy Pants refusing to pose for pictures. Sorry buddy. These milestones cannot go uncaptured!


Miss. McCauley is sitting on the left. His first work sheet. Feel the excitement.

I hope to capture a few shots of him getting on the bus for the first time tomorrow. We'll try to find a smile by then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness his Wall-e back pack is SOOOO cool. I kind of want one.
I can't believe he's in Kindergarden already.
Nice shots documenting your babies' big day!!

-m