9.03.2009

Sam

The last couple of days have been a roller coaster of emotions, from frustration, to excitement, and now grief. On August 30th last year I went with my parents to pick up their new puppy, Sam. Some of you may remember the blog I wrote about bring him home. I did these studio shots of him with the kids while he was little, and now they are just about all we have to remember him by. He had been getting into a lot of trouble chewing things up and eating them. I specifically recall that he ate the window light candles off the sills in the kitchen the other week and even ate the electrical chord and glass light bulbs. When my parents took Sam in to be operated on, they found 18 inches of perforated intestine. With heavy hearts, my parents decided to just keep him sleeping peacefully. There was a small chance that he may have recovered by removing the damaged intestine, but were warned that it most likely would NOT be long until they found themselves in the same situation with how much Sam loved to chew things up. Should not be long before I have new puppy photos to share with you because my parents will always have a place in their hearts set aside for the love of a dog.

No comments: