5.13.2008

Albums

Lately I've had a lot of questions about how long it takes to get an album made. I would like to shed some light on the subject.
There are many variables that come into play with this timely process.
Number one, it's going to depend on what style of album you want- flushmount or traditional. Both take time to design, but flushmounted albums tend to take a bit longer and take far more creativity and originality.
Of course one thing that greatly determines the album assembly is how long it takes the bride and groom to pick their photos. I do not rush couples- this too is a difficult process- and luckily in most cases, I'm not responsible for this part and during this moment in time, I get to relax. The white notebook paper in the photo represents the drafting portion of designing the album. Sometimes I will draft the album 5 different times because things didn't fit just right, because I forgot a photo, or if I simply numbered the pages wrong when drafting the album.
Then I order the prints. I do not order them first because I'm infamous for making some photos bigger at no charge so that the album looks not just great, but amazing.
After design I order the actual album and mats that I need.
I order both albums and prints online so I am subjected to shipping times and any packaging "mix ups".
Then I deal with any "mix ups" I have made while ordering albums and prints.
Slowly the album comes together and I mount photos into the mats any chance I get until the final product is ready for delivery. I cannot work on priceless albums with a crawling infant or spill crazy 4 year old around- so assembly can be tricky. And God help you if a photo sticks to the mat before you have it perfectly in place! This requires several minutes of razor blade action- fun.

It is a long and tedious process, but rest assured that your album will be handled swiftly with professionalism and perfection- if there is a single thing that you are dissatisfied with, I will make it right.

Estimated amount of time it takes to put together an album: ????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meg- I think you did an excellent job discribing the process of getting an album together. I felt like I was involved in the putting together of the album. thanks for the incite.
--m