2.11.2009

Flushmount Album Design

I've wanted to share this on my blog for quite some time now. It is my studio's sample flush mounted wedding album. I like so many things about this album option- mainly that each one is fully unique. You can customize the cover and the client can have input on the design with unlimited changes. It incorporates a lot of images without having a bulky heavy album. Down sides are that it's more expensive than a traditional album and if you spill something on a page, it's not individually replaceable. I want to know who would drink red sticky Kool-Aid while looking at their $700 wedding album anyway? Oh YEAH! (said like the big Kool-Aid pitcher)I usually will have Pictage design the album, then I go back in and put my personal touch on it. I've had Pictage design 3 different options for a bride before, then we combined them into one design. This was a wedding I did for Kristin Kilker and Matthew Drummond in September of '07 at the Eagle Rock Resort in Hazelton, PA. Most possibly my favorite reception site ever. Everything was an unknown for me that day and I was so plesantly surprised by every aspect of the day.





I have added a ton of photos with several details for future brides and for Kristin and Matt, who have oddly enough, never seen this album before. They did not get an album in their package- I'm hoping this blog entry may change their mind :)

This panoramic photo overlooking the valley is one of my favorites of all time. This was one of my album specifications- use this photo as a large panoramic. A lot of these moments were unstaged and just so precious. In the photo on the left, one of Kristin's brides maids are fixing her dress and I just kept on shooting while no one was watching.




One of my favorite first dance photo. How could a photographer not love these huge windows?


This is the view of the Eagle Rock reception site from outside. I was about to get on the shuttle back to my car, when I turned around and saw how beautiful it was- and decided to capture this last photo in the album.I highly recommend a flush mounted album. As a creative person, I just think it's reaches another level through the design elements. You can really create something unique and suited to the bride and groom. Adding quotes and notes is another option you have with this design.
Now you've seen it, so what do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for it! :)

SO Um, I was thinking... that's a very nice grassy background. :)