4.26.2009

They Gray's St. Petersburg Vow Renewal

Talk about being at the right place at the right time. This location is a bit different than any other wedding you've seen on my blog. I can't help but get the feeling that "I have arrived". On April 10th I had the most amazing opportunity to photograph the vow renewal of Leela and Tony Gray. As you can tell from the first photo, we weren't in Pennsylvania! I traveled to St. Petersburg Florida. I was already going to be down that way for our trip to Disney so shooting this event for the Grays worked out perfectly. They were celebrating ten amazing years together. And from what I heard during the toasts later in the evening, those ten years were truly AMAZING.I had all the excitement and adrenaline of doing a real destination wedding where I had to travel a great distance for the first time, but it was totally relaxed since I know the Grays and it was less pressure than a bride's first wedding. I'll admit- I was totally nervous on my way there!The night before, they saw carriages riding by the hotel, so they secured a ride to the ceremony site.Waiting for his stunning bride.They have so much fun together.Does this family look familiar at all to you?It should :)Daddy's girlEach wedding gives me a different feel from the couple. From the Grays I feel a lot of passion for one another.See what I mean?They are such a GORGEOUS couple!The whole group. Close family and friends who made the day even more special.This was the view looking out the other side of where the ceremony took place.Probably my favorite photo of the day- they rocked this pose- I just knew they would.They hosted a dinner at the Vinoy afterwards in a private room. Very classy.

Thank you Leela and Tony for such an awesome opportunity and experience. I had so much fun and would love to do it again in another ten years!!

**Addition: These photos were taken on both my new Nikon D700 and my Nikon D2X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Nice work with the 700. IS that what these are from?

-m